Beera Farmhouse PRIVACY STATEMENT
Beera farmhouse is committed to protecting your personal data and handling it responsibly.
This policy covers the personal data that we collect whenever you interact with us, including when you use our website, when you stay with us at Beera farm and when you correspond with us (by email or over the phone). It also covers personal data that we may receive from third parties.
Personal data Beera Farm may collect from you:
We may collect personal data from your interactions with us, such as when you engage with our website, stay at Beera farm or when you email or phone us.
- The personal data we collect from you may include:
- The name and contact details that you provide when you book accommodation.
- Your payment and address details as necessary for deposits to secure bookings and for balance payments.
- Your marketing preferences, including any consents you have given us.
- Information about your use of our website as necessary and appropriate.
- Your communications with us.
Personal data Beera Farm receives from third parties:
At the present time, Beera Farm receives personal data from third party organisation, such as Online Travel Agents (Expedia, Expedia Affiliate, Trip Advisor, Booking.com, Trivago, Hotels.com, Farm Stay UK, Wolsey and Air BnB). Assurance has been sought that all third party organisations comply with required GDPR.
Why Beera Farm processes your personal data:
This section explains the reasons why we process your personal data and our legal bases for doing so.
If you’ve opted-in to receive information and offers relating to Beera Farm (for example by ticking a box on our website or registration form), then we’ll provide this information to you by email, text or phone.
We also rely on your consent to process information about your use of our website and social media sites, so that we can improve your browsing experience and deliver online advertising that is relevant to you.
Wherever we rely on your consent to process personal data, you have a right to withdraw that consent.
- We process your personal data when necessary to pursue our legitimate interests in the following:
- Tailoring our website and communications for you.
- Monitoring, improving and protecting our products, content and services.
- Checking the credit or debit card details you provide (to process your payments and prevent fraudulent transactions)
- Sending you some types of direct marketing.
- Responding to your comments or complaints.
- Preventing, investigating and/or reporting fraud, terrorism, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime.
- Using incident reports and potential other means to protect the security of other guests and visitors to Beera farm and to help detect and prevent unlawful activity.
- Managing legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative matters.
- You have a right to object to any processing that we undertake for our legitimate interests. Please contact Beera Farm for further information regarding exercising your rights.
We process your personal data when necessary for contractual reasons, such as to administer your stay with us and to provide products and services that you have requested.
We are legally required to process your personal data in cases where we need to:
- Respond to certain requests by government or law enforcement authorities
- Comply with local Council requirements.
Who Beera Farm shares personal data with:
We will share your personal data with the following recipients:
- Government authorities or law enforcement officials, to assist with their official requests and comply with our legal obligations.
- It would be lovely to be able to say that all the systems we use are located in the UK, but some of them such as Google operate internationally and even UK systems may back up their data to countries outside the European Economic Area.
Personal data transfers outside of the EEA:
Beera Farm does not transfer data outside of the EEA.
How long Beera Farm retains personal data:
We retain personal data in the form of name, phone number, date of stay and number of nights for your booking for 7 years or more to comply with HMRC accounting data requirements. All registration forms will be kept for up to 12 months after your stay, unless you sign the consent form for keeping data until such a time it is no longer needed.
Your rights to withdraw consent and to object :
Wherever we rely on your consent to process personal data, you always have a right to withdraw that consent. Please contact Beera Farm for further information regarding your right to withdraw consent or object.
Your other personal data rights:
In addition to your rights to withdraw your consent and to object, you have the right to ask us:
- For access to information about your personal data or for a copy of your personal data.
- To correct or delete your personal data.
- To restrict (i.e. stop any active) processing of your personal data.
- To provide you with certain personal data in a structured, machine readable format and to transmit that data to another organisation.
These rights may not always apply
How to contact us and exercise your rights:
The easiest way to stop receiving information from us is by opting out of communications or by e-mailing and asking to be removed.
We will do our best to assist with any queries you have about your personal data. You can contact our Data Protection Officer at any time using the contact details below. When you do so, please provide your full name, your preferred contact information, and a summary of your query.
Data Protection Officer
If you have unresolved concerns, you also have the right to complain to an EU data protection authority where you live, work or where you believe a breach may have occurred. This is likely to be the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK.
Last updated 22 May 2018
We suggest that you check back here for updates, as we will update this policy from time to time.