Beera farm is a working farm with easy access from the parish road. I have three rooms for Bed and breakfast all on the first floor. The facilities are not suitable for the disabled. Please read the following statement of my provision and contact me personally if anything is unclear. Dogs by prior arrangement only, they are not allowed on beds and furniture.
- Bookings can be made by phone, e-mail or on-line booking system.
- Beera farm is really only suitable for customers with cars as there is no public transport for two miles.
- The nearest train station is at Gunnislake 10 miles away.
- The nearest bus station is 9 miles at Tavistock.
- Direction to the farm can be found on my web site.
Arrival and car parking facilities
Occasionally when you arrive at the farm you might find the gates across with lane, this means Robert is moving stock. Please pull into the side of the lane and wait for him, he should be there within 5 minutes.
- There is plenty of parking off road on gravel by the side of the house
- Assistance with luggage can be arranged.
- The front door is accessed from the car park via the gravel path into the front hall, there are two 8 inch steps to the front door and porch, there are hand rails each side of the door.
- There is adequate lighting outside the farmhouse in the car park and around the front door area.
Main Entrance, reception and stairs
- The front door opens into the porch over the threshold, then a further 7 inch step into the hall way.
- Guests are shown the breakfast room and lounge, followed by their bedrooms.
- The stairs up to the first floor are 8 inch deep and carpeted. There are 9 steps then, a turn to the left, with three more steps, then a small level area, where the steps part in two directions, to the left three steps to the small landing, leading to rooms one and two. To the right a further three steps through the archway which has a hand rail on both sides once through the archway, turn left into a hallway leading to room three.
Public Areas – General interest
- Guests breakfast/ dinning room has a polished wood floor with a large short pile rug.
- The hallway, stairs and landing are carpeted with a short pile carpet.
Public Areas – WC
- Guest bedrooms are en-suite with a shower, toilet, and wash basin.
- There is no guest toilet downstairs.
Breakfast/ Dinning room and lounge
- Breakfast is served in the dinning room at a time agreed between the guest and proprietor.
- Dinner is served in the dinning room at a time agreed between the guest and proprietor.
- Coffee after dinner is served in the lounge.
- The furniture in both the dinning room and lounge is free standing
- There is a no-smoking policy throughout the farmhouse
- Vegetarian and specialised diets can be catered for on request.
- Washing and drying facilities are available on request; a small charge is made for this.
- An ironing board and iron are available for guests to use on request.
Conference / meeting rooms
- The breakfast room can be re-arranged to form a large table for a meeting seating 8 persons, small charge is made for this.
- Wireless broadband is available.
All three bedrooms are on the first floor of the farmhouse. The stairs up to the first floor and are 8inch deep and carpeted. There are 9 steps then, a turn to the left, with three more steps, then a small level area, where the steps part in two directions, to the left three steps to the small landing, leading to rooms one and two. To the right a further three steps through the archway, turning left to the hallway leading to room three.
- The doors are lockable and guests are given their own keys for the room and front door for the duration of their stay.
- All rooms have flat screen colour TV’s with free view and remote controls.
- All rooms have CD/clock/radio’s
- Tea/coffee facilities are available in all rooms, plus a bottle of drinking water. The water passes through an ultra violet ray before reaching the tap. The water from the tap is tested regularly and is fit for human consumption.
- There are instructions in each of the bedrooms explaining action to be taken in case of fire.
- All rooms are well lit with over head lighting and bed side lamps.
- Hairdryers are supplied in each room.
- All rooms have central heating.
Rooms one and two have polished original wood floors with rugs for added comfort, the en-suites also have wooden floors. Both approximately 15 ft square including the shower room.
Room three is 12x 13 ft excluding the shower room;- from the door of room three you will find the en-suite shower room to your left, the floor here is tiled. From the doorway there are two steps down into the bedroom each step 8 inch deep with a hand rail on both side. The bedroom is carpeted with a medium pile carpet.
- All rooms have en-suite room facilities consisting of a standard toilet, shower and wash basin
- The showers are 8inch off the ground, with non-slip surface. Non slip mats are also available.
- Towels are supplied.
- Heated towel rails are fitted to the walls.
- Mirrors over washbasin with light and shaver point.
Grounds and gardens
- There is a large garden with a gentle slope to the edge of the lawn where there is a drop of 3 ft into a field
- A gravelled path along the side of the house allows access to the second lawn.
- Facilities for sitting and a picnic table is provided.
- Parents are responsible for children at all times.
Guests can walk on the land which is rented, subject to permission at the time of myself the tenant.